1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

processing in Mass.

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Leah S, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Leah S

Leah S Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    hello every one! not sure if this belongs here, so if not, let me know where I should go. Due to a complaining neighbor we have to get rid of our flock of 11. Wondering if any one knows if there is place where I can bring my birds to be processed? I have done a few but to do them all is not something I am willing to do ( like them too much). Does any one know of a direction I go in as I keep running into dead ends.
    Thanks a bunch
    Leah s

2. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    Bumping for you from Illinois - I don't have any help for you except this..

Under the "Social" section of these forums are state listings. Try posting this on there - someone out here knows this!

Best wishes and so sorry to hear about your flock loss.

3. Leah S

Leah S Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    thank you! After going back and forth with the local government (ugh!) I am going to confine my girls and reduce their number. Not thrilled about it, but I am going keep 6 of my girls. Now we just have to decide who goes and who stays. It is turning out to be a very hard decision for me. I want my most productive girls, but the others are so lovely. do I keep the older ones or the younger ones? it's almost harder than sending them all.
    Oh, and I did find a local processing place. not sure if that's good news or not! If we are not doing the whole flock, then it's more manageable for us and may do it ourselves.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by