1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Processing in Orange County California area

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by HappySlappyDuckfeet, Nov 4, 2011.

1. HappySlappyDuckfeet

HappySlappyDuckfeet Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2011
    Garden Grove
    Hiya kids. I'm interested in raising a few scovies for meat but I don't think I can deal with processing by myself - that and my property is low-walled with vegetarian neighbors that have little kids, lol![​IMG] Would rather not have them witness the event, know what I mean? I'd like to find someone in my area who would process them in a properly sanitary and humane method if I bring them the live birds. I am located in Garden Grove on the edge of Anaheim. I can pay him/her for the processing work. Anyone?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    It is very nice of you to take into consideration the sensitivities of your neighbors and their little kids.

Wish I could help with the name of a processor in your area - maybe post in the California thread in the WHERE AM I? WHERE ARE YOU? section of BYC and ask if any of your 'neighbors' know of anyone.

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I know a lady in Hacienda Heights who gets together with a group of women every once in a while to process birds. She sells eggs on local harvest. I'll see if I can find the link to her local harvest page and you could contact her from there.

Here you go: http://www.localharvest.org/homeschoolers-family-farm-M36327

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by