1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Processing meat birds in Niagara, Ontario?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Paradise Farms, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Paradise Farms

Paradise Farms New Egg

Aug 8, 2013
    I am new to the forum, hoping someone can help. This is my first time raising meat birds, and they are about ready to go. The problem - I can't do it. I have done three birds so far, and while I did make it through it, the whole process took me about 1 1/2 hours per bird.

I've looked for a local processor with absolutely no luck. We are in Wainfleet, Ontario.

How do I go about finding somewhere/someone to do this?

2. KFCCHICKENUTAH

KFCCHICKENUTAH Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2013
    Ask the local meat processor in your grocery store if they would do them. You can try just going to a farm and seeing if you can get someone to do yours when they do theirs. I have a local guy here that does mine but charges me 5 bucks a bird. Not really worth it in my opinion but until I find a cheaper place or learn to do it myself I have really no choice.

3. JessieK

JessieK New Egg

Dec 3, 2015
    Just wondering if you ever found someone in the Niagara area to process your chickens yet?

4. hannah8

hannah8 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2014
    Canada
    by Nowhich ontario the amish mennanites will do it for a buck a bird

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by