Processing meat birds Northern KY

startingover

Songster
10 Years
May 15, 2009
Northern Kentucky
OK so this is going to be our first year of raising meat birds. I think we have decided to go with the Freedom Rangers... We'll give em a shot...

Anyway - I am in NO WAY ready to process the chickens myself. I'm getting there, but not ready yet. It may be a while. So at any rate - has anyone used Tewes? I have talked to a person who said that you have to be sure that you get your birds back?!?!? I was looking to see if anyone had used them and what their experience was. I have 4 roos right now that I can take to try them out. When it comes time for us to slaughter I am thinking we will have about 50 - ours, my parents, and his mom....

Let us know how this turns out. I don't know of any processors in and around cnetral Arkansas area that will process chickens. We (my family and I) have always done the deed our selves.
We have gotten to where we just skin them (an age thing, as you usually have to let a home grown chicken go longer) and clean them then pressureize the chickens then pick the meat off the bone and can them similar to canned chicken in the store. That way it will be ready for a quick chicken salad sandwich or to make a quick casserole or dumplings form it.

Back
Top Bottom