1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

procrastinating freedom

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by kinnip, Jul 14, 2008.

1. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I put the big babies outside Sat. morning. I followed the advice of someone, I don't remember who, on this site and stapled some chicken wire to the big door, so they could see outside. Of course, at night they were on lockdown. Anyway, now I should let them into the run. I'm putting it off. What if something happens, what if they freak out, what if, what if, what if.... Maybe I should put down the coffee. [​IMG]

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Its okay, we all felt the same way you do when it was our first time... dont worry, I bet they will enjoy the run!

3. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    So far they all seem to like it, though it may be because of the treats. I have a bad tendency to feed my animals any time I feel guilty or worried about them. So far we've had watermelon, millet spray and pecorino cheese rind. Last time I went out, the snacks were gone and half of the birds were back in the coop.They have crumbles and water outside, but I think they're addicted to the guinea pig waterers in the coop. Something about pecking that little ball makes 'em frenzy.

4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    how did you train them to drink from the guinea pig waterers?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by