Product review- Ideal hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by nccatnip, Feb 17, 2008.

1. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Filled several orders last year for me, #1 in my opinion
    Pros- great customer service, easy to work with, work very hard to fill specific orders, 100% sexing on three orders, chicks very healthy with no mortality.
    Cons- None

2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    that is terrific to hear!
    My Ideal order is coming next month!
    You all should be ashamed of yourselves... I'm so excited now and pumped! [​IMG]

3. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    picked up some chicks from feed store yesterday, they are from ideal and they are healthy and extremely active, i am looking forward to getting more from them soon.

4. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    My first 'store bought' chicks came from Ideal, they are true to their breed in appearance, and very healthy! Just thought I'd add some support to the thread. [​IMG]

5. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    I just placed my order for 3 geese and a few NN, and I just emaild to modifie to add some magpie ducks...I have a month before they ship thats a long time to be able to addmore birds....i am starting my order with 12 birds we will see how many I end up with by shipping [​IMG]

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I have an order in with Ideal that will be shipped on April 2nd. Nothing but praise for their customer service so far.

7. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    My order will be shipped on the 27th.
    I'll let you know how it is.

8. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    This is my first time ordering chicks. Ordered 8 different breeds 24 total. Got 24 chicks all alive. Picked them up 6:30am. P.O. called me. Was set up and ready feed, lights the works. Mind you this is my first time w/chicks. Read a bunch of books from the Pub. Lib. so got lots of good advice on what to do.
    2 got sick but recovered, I have no Idea what was wrong each a different breed and in different brooders so maybe it was just stress and this was about a week after I got them. This was Feb 25th and I expect 12 more in May. Terri from Ideal e-mailed me twice after reading my questions on this site answering them. Pretty cool I think. By the way I could Identify the different breeds from pics on web.

9. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    A local feed store is going to state getting in chicks this week, and they are from Ideal. I cannot wait! [​IMG]

10. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Received 15 beautiful chicks in October from Ideal(my first batch from them). They are the most curious and friendly chicks I have received. Growing like little weeds! Thanks Ideal for my wonderful babies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by