Production Red and Buff Orpington gender?

IndigoWrinkles

Hatching
Mar 22, 2015

These chicks are almost three weeks old, I think. I know it's early, but I was wondering if anyone could tell their gender at this age? The two pictures of the BO are the same bird. Both of these birds are sweet as can be, and I'm crossing my fingers that they're girls, otherwise I've got to find them new homes :(

(Also, please excuse the cat litter bucket. It's what I'm storing their food in for the moment :p )

Here they are again ... They should be a month old now. Any other thoughts?

Here's Flower, the Buff Orpington. I get the feeling she's a pullet, since I've seen others with very telltale combs at this point. She's got no coloring there so far, but I know they can be tricky!

Then there's Ruby, the production red. "She" stands upright like this all the time. No color or comb development yet, but she is the slowest to feather. Even my EE, who is two weeks younger, if feathering faster than Ruby. So I do have my doubts about her.

Any and all thoughts are super appreciated! Thanks in advance!

BO is a pullet.
Ruby, PR, hmmmm....that could go either way....that isn't much comb yet, and PR's usually telecast pretty early, but slow feathering and those big clunky legs could indicate roo. Watch and wait on that one.

LofMc

Back
Top Bottom