Professional Chick Sexers - Barred Rocks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by yellowblack, Mar 24, 2016.

1. yellowblack

yellowblack Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. ladyj02

ladyj02 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2016
    Topeka, Kansas
    1 post is plenty, 5 is just clogging up the board. I'm sure if you give it longer than just a few minutes between each post, you might get some answers.

To answer your question: they still look too small to sex accurately. Try again in a couple of weeks.

3. yellowblack

Feb 10, 2016
    I'm pretty sure there must be a way to know their genders please I'm really dying to know. I'm so sad.

4. ladyj02

ladyj02 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2016
    Topeka, Kansas
    There is a way. It's called patience. Eventually they'll show some signs, and they might even crow or squirt out an egg.

5. yellowblack

Feb 10, 2016
    I need to know now though.:( please! I can show you any signs of them. I can show you their wings feathers. I can tell you everything I know

6. yellowblack

Feb 10, 2016
    Please can anyone help I just want to know their gender. I know I could just possibly take them to the vet and get their gender checked prob. But if the vet are good chick sexers. I trusted youguys but I still trust you guys. I really need your help! Therefore if I go to the vet I would have to pay and get my info and they might prob hurt my chick to know if it's gender. Please help! I'm dying to know cause I love them so much to care

7. hodor

hodor Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2015
    Australia
    They are too young to tell 100%.

Based on lighter color, lacking black wash on legs and head spots. Also the combs look like they are big in relation to their size.

Both look more male than female to me.

8. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Loving the Autumn Weather Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    agreed

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by