Profit on raising birds

tileman@prodigBird Raiser

Songster
11 Years
Sep 10, 2008
Hello guys, I am not new to birds at all and know what species are best for meat and everything.
But I'm looking to make at least $20,000 in around 6 months on about an acre of property. What is everyone's expensises when doing meat chickens like the Cornish crosses. How many would need to be produced. Feed cost, any other info would help.

Also if anyone know the same info for coturnix quail, Muscovy ducks, turkeys, ect.

Hello guys, I am not new to birds at all and know what species are best for meat and everything.
But I'm looking to make at least $20,000 in around 6 months on about an acre of property. What is everyone's expensises when doing meat chickens like the Cornish crosses. How many would need to be produced. Feed cost, any other info would help.

Also if anyone know the same info for coturnix quail, Muscovy ducks, turkeys, ect.

Wait, what? You mean you can make a profit on meat birds? Seriously, I don't know the answer to this. But I do know the profit margin is slim unless you do thousands a year. Search for Brunty and see his lay out. Good luck!!
thumbsup.gif

You will have a very tough row to hoe to expect a profit due to very high production costs especially on ONE ACRE. I can buy already processed Cornish X chickens at the grocery stores at $ 0.79 - $0.89 / lb. I have been raising chickens for over 50 years and switched to the CornishX several years ago to shorten the TiME for grow out and glean much MORE meat than my other so called "heritage breeds" ever could. Even so, I can NOT come close to the retail grocery price even when I don't even consider my labor. One would need to raise a minimum of 10,000 birds ( just how long will your neighbors [ God forbid ... animal rights activists for animal cruelty ] are willing to put up with the noise and odor that the chickens produce ) every 6-8 weeks for a decent volume feed discounts in order to make a few pennies / bird. Good LUCK !
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom