profits?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by kerrysmommy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. kerrysmommy

kerrysmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    My house :]
    so i recently found this little square cash box and had a idea pop into my head! what if i start makeing the feed bag totes and sell american chestnuts freom the trees out back and we dont get eggs anymore hens to old. and mabey have a veggie sale next year? would this be considered a store? lol this is quite confusing

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  2. moetrout

moetrout Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    Quote:So is your post.

3. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    okay my hens stopped laying because they are old and as you know hens that are old stop laying. so i waned to know if i did all those things that i said above would it be considered a store? and would i make money off of it?

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Couldn't you just consider it a hobby that brings in extra cash? Do you really "want" a store? Then you will have to do all of the legal stuff to be considered a "store". Are you wanting to file income tax as "business", get tax exemptions, etc?

5. Tiss

Tiss Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Georgia
    I think you're fine as long as you're small and selling out of your home.

6. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    okay because me and my friend from school found this website where you can make your own website and it will be similar to this but wont really be the same and was going to like sell only to people i know off there

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by