On 4/25, I set some shipped eggs with damaged air cells. I have them in a carton bottom, with extra slits cut in the cups for good air circulation. I didn't start turning them until day 6. I'm not using the auto turner, I don't want them in constant motion, and I don't want them tipped as far as the turner tips them. I'm just lifting and propping one end of the 'bator, then the other, several times a day, with some sitting upright time in between, to try and keep the air cells in the big end. Day 10, I removed the clears, and the ones that looked like they died early. Out of 21 shipped eggs, I have 11 left, 2 of which are pretty iffy, but I left in for now. So 8 that look pretty good, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these make it to the finish line. I have 4 more eggs from my own hens in there too, they look good. I put them in, so that if I only get one or two chicks from the shipped eggs, they'll have company. I had to raise a single chick from a poor hatch last year, she was so sad all alone.