progress of my chicks so far with pictures

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by herbsherbsflowers, Aug 3, 2008.

1. herbsherbsflowers

herbsherbsflowers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Covington, GA
    I am attempting to do pictures for the first time. I am so plesed that we have managed to raise 10 Barred Holland chicks from infancy up to 12 weeks old and are almost ready to put them in their permanent home outdoors in a coop. Right now they are in a borrowed a-frame ark type home, which I now realize i did not make a picture of. I'll do that today.

Here goes the first picture
    [​IMG]

Let's find out if I did it right

2. herbsherbsflowers

May 25, 2008
    Covington, GA
    Guess not. Should I use something other than Shutterfly? Can I just do it from my own files on my computer?

3. herbsherbsflowers

May 25, 2008
    Covington, GA
    Now I tried using the Backyard Chicken way. Let's see if it works.

[​IMG]
    This picture is when they were just two days old, the day they arrived in the mail.

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Nice chicks- where did they come from?

5. ChickenGirl95

ChickenGirl95 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    New York
    Cute chicks!

6. herbsherbsflowers

May 25, 2008
    Covington, GA
    Ok I think I've got it down now.

[​IMG]
    This is my DH holding one of the babies. He has become very attached to these chickens.

I'll figure out how to get more pictures in one message soon. Right now it doesn't seem to like my next picture; it says it is not a picture. More will come soon.

7. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    So cute!!

I'm dying to get some Hollands!!! Where did you get yours???

8. herbsherbsflowers

May 25, 2008
    Covington, GA
    They came from Ideal and they are very nice. They are 10 weeks old now and we ended up with 5 pullets and 5 cockerels. The cockerels puff up at each other from time to time but they do not really get violent. I know we have a way to go before complete maturity and that may change, but they are very tame. That probably has a lot to do with my DH spending so much time with them. They have been very healthy. We only had a little pasty butt in the beginning. I'm going to keep trying to get more pictures to work. It doesn't seem to like the file names all of a sudden. The first two worked fine, but now even those are not accepted by the site.

9. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    I just looked at Ideal and don't see that they even offer Hollands. Did you get in on some sort of special?? I see Barred Plymouth Rocks, but not Barred Hollands [​IMG]

10. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    If you look under white egg layers on Ideal's site, they have Barred Hollands listed there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by