Progress report for BamaChicken

Cracker

Songster
12 Years
Jul 11, 2007
North-West Florida
The two splash silkies we got from you are coming along just fine, however one of them is starting to look and sound like a roo.
lol.png

2141984558_304cbfee2e_o.jpg

Julie, are you still going to the Sunshine Classic, and are you going to be showing anything?
Charlie

Last edited:
I found them and yes the one on the right does suspiously like a Roo. Bet you'll love him though. Did you ever find that earring? Have you moved them out of the house

No Julie, the earring has never shown up. I gave DW a new pair for Christmas with instructions about not wearing any jewelry around the chickens
lol.png
. They will move from the house to my shop later today, where I just finished a new pen for them to stay in until they get a little older. The buff roo and the white pullet have already made the move to an outdoor pen with our black silkie we already had. They all seem to be doing just fine. The white one does get to spend some time indoors as she has turned out to be quite the lap chicken, and seems to really enjoy being held. Have you ever seen a frizzle silkie? We noticed that the hard wing feathers on one of the splashs turn up and out at the ends. Looking forward to seeing you at the Lake City show this weekend.

Arlee, I believe they were about 5-6 weeks old in that picture.

Last edited:
Yes, I hatched a few frizzles a while back and they start showing up quickly as they feather in. Those feathers will probably smooth back out. Look forward to seeing you both.

Back
Top Bottom