Project Ameraucanas - Pullets or cockrels??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by happycountryhens, Jun 16, 2011.

1. happycountryhens

happycountryhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Central NY
    Looking for other opinions on these birds. Seriously, I always see a hen till it starts crowing. [​IMG] So far 3 of six I know are cockrels. Please help me with the others. [​IMG]

Ameracauna #1
    [​IMG]

Ameracauna #2 Front and Ameracauna #3 Back
    [​IMG]

Ameracauna #4 Left and Ameracauna #5 Right
    [​IMG]

Thank you for your help! Anyone need a roo?[​IMG]

Happy Country Hens

2. HighNDryFarm

HighNDryFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    My guess is #3 & #5 are girls...the rest boys...and no I don't need roo's, I was lucky enough to hatch 6 of the little buggers.....

3. happycountryhens

Jun 17, 2010
    Central NY
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    2 and 4 are definitely looking rooish.

Are you certain that these are Ameraucanas? Their coloration isn't one of the standards recognized. They look like an EEx Delaware cross.

If you are working on a breeding project to create a new standard, please excuse the above question [​IMG]

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:I also agree. I love their colors.

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Cool...love Columbian [​IMG] . How old are they? Just out or curiosity what generation are you on? Was going to do Columbian myself, but the breed I was going to use, chicks hatched weren't "clean" enough for my project [​IMG]

7. happycountryhens

Jun 17, 2010
    Central NY
    Quote:They are from Pips & Peeps stock and I was lucky enough to live close to a BYC'er that is working on the barred Ameraucana project. I am not currently working on any projects as I am new to the whole chicken project itself, but she (tigrlilly) sold me some strieght run babies from her project birds so I could have some blue eggs. I do like having quality birds. They are 10 - 12 weeks old. (Not all the same age.)

Pele: Yes, you are correct, they are project birds. (Don't they look like little falcons?)

Nichole 01: Thank you so much. I also love the colors. They have good cheeks and beards too.

Thank you all for your input. I am excited to have two girls to lay some blue eggs. Hope I can re-home some of the roosters.

Happy Country Hens

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by