Project Bird House

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Fat Daddy, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    I have been working on a bird house for the butler bob breeders. Since I plan on keeping the breeders year round, they need a nice place. This will be the pen set up I have inspected for my breeder license. I will build simpler grow out pens for the spring thru fall birds that go to came before the real winter weather comes.

Right now it doesn't have the doors or skids\\legs on it yet yet and weighs over 700lb. Its built like a house. Its 8'x5', divided in the center for 2, 8'x30" sections that can be split into 6, 30"x30" love shacks if needed. I think Im gonna try the commune type set up 1st like Randall uses. I plan on one age group on each side. Then once there all of age, pick my breeders. Hope I'm still on your list for butler eggs in the spring JJ.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Nice job!

3. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Boy Howdy.............me think me's jealous [​IMG]

Excellent workmanship, Bill [​IMG]

4. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    NICE!! You don't want to add up the cost do you, but that is a great pen and excellent building.[​IMG]

5. Fat Daddy

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:Thanks, You are right, if I was raising quail for profit, well there would'nt be any... [​IMG] But my quail are a hobby. When I sit on the porch I'll be able to see and hear my breeders. Thats the pay back. [​IMG] All the birds growing out and headed for camp can live in lesser quarters.

6. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    Beautiful pen!!! [​IMG]

7. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I have to build another soon, I had to break out 3 more tubs to put some week olds in.[​IMG]

8. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:Thanks, You are right, if I was raising quail for profit, well there would'nt be any... [​IMG] But my quail are a hobby. When I sit on the porch I'll be able to see and hear my breeders. Thats the pay back. [​IMG] All the birds growing out and headed for camp can live in lesser quarters.

Ditto....When I leave out every mornin' and hear those Bobs cuttin' up, my day has been made......

9. Fat Daddy

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks

Ditto....When I leave out every mornin' and hear those Bobs cuttin' up, my day has been made......

Well.... that and there so dam TASTY!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  10. Fat Daddy

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:How many week olds do you have Robo? Corts?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by