Project dinner plate: a rooster training experiment

lozerface79

Songster
Feb 3, 2016
Alaska
So i have a canardly rooster who is quite aggressive but i am in love with him, hes such a cutie!So i am going to train him to be nice by picking him up and carrying him around like a baby to embarrass him enough to get him to respect me. I will post project updates and pics as training progresses.
Here is what he looks like:

(Best pic i have of him)

Last edited:
So i have a canardly rooster who is quite aggressive but i am in love with him, hes such a cutie!So i am going to train him to be nice by picking him up and carrying him around like a baby to embarrass him enough to get him to respect me. I will post project updates and pics as training progresses.
Here is what he looks like:

(Best pic i have of him)

I don't think chickens have emotions like "embarrassment". He is not going to know what you are trying to do.

I don't think chickens have emotions like "embarrassment". He is not going to know what you are trying to do.

Well at the very least he will stop charging me because i keep picking him up. He aint gunna be happy about it and hopefully he will learn

There are a number of theories regarding how to teach a roo good manners around humans. I'd suggest reading up on them - lots of threads on the topic here at BYC. I agree with Wyorp Rock that humans and chickens simply don't share the same emotions, so its probably not a sound premise on which to approach the issue.

Good luck
CT

There are a number of theories regarding how to teach a roo good manners around humans. I'd suggest reading up on them - lots of threads on the topic here at BYC. I agree with Wyorp Rock that humans and chickens simply don't share the same emotions, so its probably not a sound premise on which to approach the issue.

Good luck
CT

Thanks!
My only concern is hurting the roo. My dad prefers the boot in the butt method
But i do not like hurting my animals even when they are charging me, like the roo. But im sure there are other ways that do not provide too much pain for my roo. So ill do what you said, read up on it a little more.

Thanks!
My only concern is hurting the roo. My dad prefers the boot in the butt method
But i do not like hurting my animals even when they are charging me, like the roo. But im sure there are other ways that do not provide too much pain for my roo. So ill do what you said, read up on it a little more.

I've used a water pistol in the past - no harm or injury, just scared the pants off my roo! After a couple of squirts, he'd flee at the sight of the water pistol!

CT

Last edited:
I've used a water pistol in the past - no harm or injury, just scared the pants of my roo! After a couple of squirts, he'd flee at the sight of the water pistol!

CT

Thats hilarious! What kind of roo was he? Just out of courosity.
Its funny how birds are scared of the weirdest things. My roo is afraid of my phone XD

Thats hilarious! What kind of roo was he? Just out of courosity.
Its funny how birds are scared of the weirdest things. My roo is afraid of my phone XD

He was a Kenyan breed, developed by the government agric agency. There should be a photo of him somewhere in my albums - his photo should be there. Either way, he's history and i no longer keep roos - better for me (no earache from my wife) and my girls seem happier.

CT

He was a Kenyan breed, developed by the government agric agency. There should be a photo of him somewhere in my albums - his photo should be there. Either way, he's history and i no longer keep roos - better for me (no earache from my wife) and my girls seem happier.

CT

Yeah we werent supposed to get a rooster but it turned out 2 of our pullets were in fact, cockerels. But i fell in love with them so we arent getting rid of our little satan ^_^

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom