Prolapse vent or possible egg bound in Pekin

SilkiesnFrizzle

Crowing
10 Years
Sep 23, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I have a Pekin hen, little over a year old and this afternoon I noticed some redish tissue protruding from her vent..it is almost egg shaped. I've had ducks and chickens for 6 years now and have never had to treat this. What should my course of action be?

I have a Pekin hen, little over a year old and this afternoon I noticed some redish tissue protruding from her vent..it is almost egg shaped. I've had ducks and chickens for 6 years now and have never had to treat this. What should my course of action be?

Is there are egg stuck in it?

@casportpony I'm just having all kinds of trouble today LOL Honestly, I've never delt with prolapse on any bird so I need to be walked thru it. I was about to go get her now as she will be easy to grab that she is in the coop.
Step one is to figure out if it's just tissue hanging out or if it's egg and tissue.

Back
Top Bottom