Prolapse?

dan26552

Crossing the Road
9 Years
Oct 28, 2014
Waiting for epicness.
My Coop
My Coop
Is this prolapse or just a really big stuck poo??? If it is a prolapse what should I do?

It's a prolapse. What are we looking at? Chick? There is a shadow on the bent, butit looks dark and like at lot of tissue outside. Can you give more details? Keep the red tissue moist with oil such as canola, olive, veg, etc. Honey or preparation H can helpt o shrink tissue. The red tissue needs to be pushed back inside if possible and held there for a few minutes. Straining to pass an egg or droppings can be possible causes.It helps to make sure they can pass droppings.

It is a week old red ranger chick. What details do you want? Ok.
Just making sure it is a chick, not a duckling or something else. Most prolapses in baby chicks are quite small, and this one looks pretty large. I'm not sure you can push that all back in. The preparation H or honey would be good to apply, and try to push it all back inside. If the red tissue dries out, it can die, so keep it moist. I would look to see if there is constipation in the chick. If they get dehydrated or brooder temps are too high,they can get pasty butt. Keeping the tissue clean and moist and pushing inside are the important things eight now.

Back
Top Bottom