prolem with water in the coop??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jackrooster, May 15, 2010.

1. jackrooster

jackrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    I hate how duck are sooo messyyyy!!! they get water everywhere in the coop........has anyone ever made something where the cant get it everywhere.......i hate putting there water outside because last winter i did that and a weasel got in and kill my 2 blue sweeds and all my chickens any i really dont want to have to go through that all what do you guys to with your water in the winter???
  2. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Get a large clear plastic tub with lid. Next cut holes into the sides large enough to pass a soda can through, cut them about 6 inches high. I would cut 2 holes on each long side and one on each short side. Next put the water and food dish inside and cover with the lid. The ducks can get the water and food, but not play with it. Plus you can easily rind the tub.
  3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I have an area attached to the duck house that is very secure - hardware cloth all around, electric fence . . . . it has a sand floor and that is where the food and water is.

I lock the ducks in the house after dark and let them out early in the morning - they go without food and water for 8 to 10 hours, now that they are three months old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by