Promise of coop reminder has been issued

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SarahBeth9394, Jan 25, 2011.

1. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    So I reminded my hubby last night about his promise of a chicken coop this spring. His reply was something like" but we're gonna sell the house in a couple of years, do you really want to move chickens? I said "well we have to move the dog houses so we can move the coop too unless I want to build a bigger one. The chickens.. we'll eat em and get more". So I'm hoping that we can get a coop going.

This came up because I was offered a roo and a hen but I have no coop yet.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Take them. I guarantee you the first time he is woke up by the rooster crowing in the living room, you will have a coop [​IMG]

3. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Quote:Now there's a plan!! [​IMG]

4. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Get the Building Coops for Dummies book and build it yourself. I did! I actually had fun doing it.

5. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    Quote:I think we'd get woke up to the cat and the roo fighting it out. Then our (uh his) Mr. Fluffypants could be seriously hurt.

6. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    Quote:heck there's enough info here to not even need to get the book.

7. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    It's kinda like, "Life is short, eat dessert first."

Besides, this would be a good trial run. In two years you'd have a much better idea of what you really want- like size of coop, number of chickens, breeds, and no doubt many more things. Not to mention whether eating them would be a problem (assuming you aren't already accustomed to this, of course.)

8. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Quote:heck there's enough info here to not even need to get the book.

I agree if you know how to build you don't need the book. Before I got the book, I wouldn't have let a dog sleep in a dog house I built. It was a very good book if you are timid about carpentry at all. Just sayin, why wait for DH if you want it, go do it! [​IMG] That's how I get most of the things I want. [​IMG]

9. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    DH and I have built two awesome dog houses together. We do actually like doing projects like this together. He's just not that in to chickens.

10. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

i got my coop built AFTER the chickens came home.. it was like he had to see them to believe it was really happening [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by