Promised pictures of the flock!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mandelyn, Oct 11, 2009.

1. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Finally got the camera, so here ya go!

Lil'Bit, D'Anver x OE Game Bantam... not sure of her exact age. She's a riot though.

[​IMG]

Prissy, the hen that hops into my lap when called, and not even for food! OE game, less than a year old, waiting on that first egg!

[​IMG]

And my pride and joy, Jibbers, the coolest rooster ever! Not sure what to call his color... OE Game, same age as his girl Prissy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Missing Chipmunk, the mean and hateful one. She hid in the house and only came out to grab some food. She's colored like Prissy, a little darker, and is full D'Anver. Course she hid on photo morning... told ya, she hates me. She's 2 years old.

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Those are the cutest little buggers!!! COngrats! My DH loved bantams-I do to but a little partial to the fatness and fluffiness of the standards butts!!! I do have a bunch of bantams though-come Spring Im going to hatch a bunch out for DH he doesn't know it yet though:)

3. Uppity Peon

Uppity Peon Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] LOVE those birds!!!

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    They are all just lovely! [​IMG]

Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

[​IMG]

I love my bantams!!

6. Chatrish

Chatrish Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2009
    Silver Lake
    Quote:His and her color is referred to as "quail" its one of my favorite colors of oeg bantams.You have some really cute birds.

7. DiVon80

DiVon80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Pearl River,Louisiana
    Love lil Bantams!!

8. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Quote:His and her color is referred to as "quail" its one of my favorite colors of oeg bantams.You have some really cute birds.

Really?? I've never heard of that color before. I spent awhile on google and here trying to figure it out too!

My D'Anver hen is Quail colored too, it's why I got her, matched them even though she's a different breed. The Rooster that fathered the chick was a Spangled OE.... but she came out Buff-ish with cream colored spangles instead of white.

Never put two and two together that maybe the coloring on the OEs would be the same.... duh.. LOL

9. Graiae66

Graiae66 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2009
    Georgia
    Wow, that is a gorgeous roo!! What a stud!

Dee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by