Pros and Cons of These Incubators?

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
Well, I didn't get an incubator for Christmas but I do have the money for one. So I've pretty well narrowed it down to these 2 options:

https://www.amazon.com/Harris-Farms...id=1640634636&sprefix=360+incu,aps,267&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/KEBONNIXS-In...34777&sprefix=kebonix+incubator,aps,95&sr=8-3

Other than the Nurture Right having almost twice the capacity, does anyone have anything particular to say about either of these incubators that I ought to know? Pros and cons for either or both?

After having chicks in batches of 6-12 before and then the huge batch of 26, I preferred raising smaller batches. But I *might* want to hatch out larger batches if I get more seriously into the Blue Australorps.

Well, I didn't get an incubator for Christmas but I do have the money for one. So I've pretty well narrowed it down to these 2 options:

https://www.amazon.com/Harris-Farms-Nurture-Right-Incubator/dp/B0793HHZ1L/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3L2K15AZI0GBI&keywords=360+incubator&qid=1640634636&sprefix=360+incu,aps,267&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/KEBONNIXS-Incubator-Humidity-Automatic-Hatching/dp/B0838VM7C9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=KOB83QQV1XNA&keywords=kebonnixs+incubator&qid=1640634777&sprefix=kebonix+incubator,aps,95&sr=8-3

Other than the Nurture Right having almost twice the capacity, does anyone have anything particular to say about either of these incubators that I ought to know? Pros and cons for either or both?

After having chicks in batches of 6-12 before and then the huge batch of 26, I preferred raising smaller batches. But I *might* want to hatch out larger batches if I get more seriously into the Blue Australorps.
Do a search of NR 360, when I was looking to get an incubator that thread convinced me as it seems to be the most recommended by people on BYC! I haven’t incubated yet, but have 2 hatches planned for April & June this year. I’ll be using that!

https://www.amazon.com/Harris-Farms-Nurture-Right-Incubator/dp/B0793HHZ1L/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3L2K15AZI0GBI&keywords=360+incubator&qid=1640634636&sprefix=360+incu,aps,267&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/KEBONNIXS-Incubator-Humidity-Automatic-Hatching/dp/B0838VM7C9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=KOB83QQV1XNA&keywords=kebonnixs+incubator&qid=1640634777&sprefix=kebonix+incubator,aps,95&sr=8-3

I've never used the Kebonnix but my NR 360 is the best incubator I've ever owned.
It is so reliable, and is such a peace of mind. I can honestly not think of anything that I don't like about it, other than cleaning it is slightly more difficult just because of the narrow water channels, and the turner tray only works on average sized chicken eggs. I believe you can buy bigger/smaller trays though for quail and such, but I don't bother. Hand turning bigger or smaller eggs is not a problem for me.
I've hatched out a number of batches of birds (geese, ducks, chickens, and quail) in it the past couple years and have never had it once act up. It works extremely well and I've been very impressed. You can't beat the price either. If I had a need for more space I think I'd just get another NR 360.

I own 3 NR360s. I almost moved to a cabinet style incubator, but the Nature Right is just so good! They biggest drawback is the lack of a lip or edge to keep eggs and chicks from running off the edge. It's simple to fix though, make a plastic or cardboard ring or set the incubator into a box or bin before retrieving chicks, and putting in shelf liner to stop eggs from moving. I used to put shelf liner in at lockdown, now I have several pre cut pieces I put in right from the beginning, I just toss them in the washer after hatches. It's usually accurate from factory preset, mine all have been perfect from day 1 on humidity and temp readings.

I have both of those one's. I have the Welsh Harlequin duck egg's for the NY hatch-a-long in my Kebonnix, and I will be putting my Bielefelder hatching egg's in my NR360 tomorrow. I cut a puppy pee pad that fit's the bottom of the Kebonnix so that the babies' won't slip on the plastic bottom when they hatch.

I own 3 NR360s. I almost moved to a cabinet style incubator, but the Nature Right is just so good! They biggest drawback is the lack of a lip or edge to keep eggs and chicks from running off the edge. It's simple to fix though, make a plastic or cardboard ring or set the incubator into a box or bin before retrieving chicks, and putting in shelf liner to stop eggs from moving. I used to put shelf liner in at lockdown, now I have several pre cut pieces I put in right from the beginning, I just toss them in the washer after hatches. It's usually accurate from factory preset, mine all have been perfect from day 1 on humidity and temp readings.
That's a good point, I forgot to mention that. I sit mine on the floor when I remove chicks so I've never had an issue, but it definitely could be if it was up on a high counter and opened.
The factory preset on mine is actually off by three degrees, but I never look at it anyway. I have really nice thermometers that I keep inside and calibrate frequently.

I have both of those one's. I have the Welsh Harlequin duck egg's for the NY hatch-a-long in my Kebonnix, and I will be putting my Bielefelder hatching egg's in my NR360 tomorrow. I cut a puppy pee pad that fit's the bottom of the Kebonnix so that the babies' won't slip on the plastic bottom when they hatch.

Since you have both, could you do a compare and contrast in re: the good and bad points of each?

Since you have both, could you do a compare and contrast in re: the good and bad points of each?
Yes. I do like my NR360 and the last hatch that I did in it a couple of month's ago, I ended up with 5 pullet's that hatched. There was also a boy, but he was too weak to thrive. The duck egg's are in my Kebonnix, and they will be going into lockdown soon for the NY hatch-a-long. Both of these are holding the heat and as long as you add water when needed, the humidity stay's good. The bottom of the Kebonnix would be slippery for hatching chick's, so it's best to cut something to put on the bottom to remedy that problem. I cut out a puppy pee-pad to fit it by using the turner to trace it out.

Edit: I also put a piece of foil over the thing on the outside that you add the water to to keep out dust or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom