Protect yourself against credit card fraud!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Germaine_11.20, May 18, 2010.

1. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Hi everybody,

I am the lucky winner of credit card fraud (for the second time!) and wanted to give a heads up to everyone to check your online statements everyday.

Somehow people are reproducing the cards and using them as credit. Places don't look for ID and they get away with it.

At least if you check everyday you can catch it early! I know I will be now.

2. Jess N Jeff

Jess N Jeff Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    South San Diego, Cali
    That sucks!!! Sorry!!! [​IMG]

Thanks for the warning. Its always good to be reminded of these things.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Been on the look out for the last three years.

I hate credit cards but good for emergencies. Debit cards are just as bad as credit cards, someone can hack into those numbers and get away with it. Luckily our bank works with us on that.

4. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Yes! I was shocked when I saw the charges on it. I asked the bank how this could happen and they don't know either but she said there are several people who are now disputing charges and she is one of them. It happened to her too and she works at the bank!

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    We had our debit card from our bank duplicated about 2yrs back... they drained our checking account and made a real mess! Anything I had out there check wise bounced. There was at least 2 card they had. They were using it in England, and the Dominican Republic! I will never have another credit card linked to a bank account again! EVER!

6. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    A friend of mine today told me a good idea. She said to have a seperate card with limited funds and use that card for online purchases. Then liability is limited.

But the bank told me that sometimes skimming devices are placed on ATM machines (no one knows they are there) It scans your card and pin and gives the crooks all the info they need.

7. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    some of the things these guys do is pretty darn smart! One with think with smarts like that, they'd be able to get good jobs and make there own money!

8. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    About 2 years ago mr saddi's card showed a $5 charge at a gas station in Oakland (7 hours north). Then next day several thousand dollars from an escourt service, someone hired some girls and went out in a limo on his acct. #. Since he checks daily, he'd already dispited the $5 charge when the 5K one appeared.

9. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Oh my gosh, now that could get a DH in some biggggg trouble.

10. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:Yep, but i knew it wasn't him, frankly he;s too cheap to pay for something he can get for free.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by