Protein calculation

Ahmed Milhan

Hatching
Dec 25, 2016
Dear Friends,
I really wonder if you can help me out of this doubt please.
Scenario: I’m planning to feed my quail both factory made dry feed contain 20% CP and chopped barely sprout contain about 20% of protein in 50:50 ratio of amount.

Doubts need to be clarified.
Say for example, buying 0.5kg of dry feed and preparing 0.5kg of chopped barely sprouts. Therefore by reducing half from each, does it affect the protein in half like 10% + 10% = 20% of protein or without effecting the amount of protein by reducing the amount feed would be 20% + 20% = 40 % of protein?

It will still be 20% protein. It is mixed in. If you have 1000kg of 20% protein feed and take 10kg out, that 10kg will still be 20% protein.

How do you get 20% protein out of barley sprouts? That would be about 12 or 13% at best.

Dear Friends,
I really wonder if you can help me out of this doubt please.
Scenario: I’m planning to feed my quail both factory made dry feed contain 20% CP and chopped barely sprout contain about 20% of protein in 50:50 ratio of amount.

Doubts need to be clarified.
Say for example, buying 0.5kg of dry feed and preparing 0.5kg of chopped barely sprouts. Therefore by reducing half from each, does it affect the protein in half like 10% + 10% = 20% of protein or without effecting the amount of protein by reducing the amount feed would be 20% + 20% = 40 % of protein?
Hi Ahmed,

I can’t stress enough how important a diet that provides all of the nutrients a chicken needs to grow is. We know how much of each amino acid (components of protein), vitamins, minerals, and energy (fat and carbohydrates) that the bird needs and how much of each nutrient is in the feed. This ensures that the birds will not encounter deficiencies that will prevent them from growing properly. Missing one nutrient, not supplying enough of a nutrient, or providing too much of certain nutrients can be bad for your birds.

Years of research goes into each bag of Purina feed. We have conducted some research with laying hens using some “homemade” diet formulas found on the internet and have found that they are not providing the nutrition for the birds to continue to grow and lay eggs. Every bag of Purina Poultry Feed contains the nutrition in every pellet or crumble that that bird needs to grow and stay healthy. Let us know if you have any questions on complete feeds!

Back
Top Bottom