Protruding chick vent

7inthenest

Hatching
Mar 29, 2015
Hello!
I'm hoping someone here can help me out....

Yesterday I brought home three cute little 1 week old buff polish chicks. Upon inspection I noticed that one of the chicks' vent was sticking out a bit. The other chicks' vents are not, so I'm assuming this is not normal. Right? They do not have pasty butt. Can little chicks get a prolapsed vent? For their food I made a mash, scrambled egg. I'm keeping the are clean. Is there something else I should do or know?

Thank you!

Try putting a little amount of honey on the vent of the chick.if there are any signs of others showing interest in its protruding vent, you will need to isolate the chick to prevent any pecking to it...it may benefit from "Rooster Booster"to boost the vitamin intake.

Keep us informed of the progress....

Are your chicks having "starter feed"...? You should not need to give them supplements if they are on starter feed...scrambled eggs may have caused a problem in one so young..

Thanks for your reply. Sadly, that's how the chick came....it didn't look well from the get go. I got it from a poultry show and I think it was stressed. Unfortunately, it died. But the other two are dong well! So, I am thankful for that!

Yes, it had starter feed. I give all my chicks starter feed, but I read a lot about making a mash and adding a little scrambled egg to it for sick chicks. Thought I'd give it a try.

Appreciate your help.

So very sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom