Proud Chicken-Lovers: Share Your Pictures!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ShelterGirl, Sep 19, 2011.

1. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Fellow chicken lovers, I invite you to show a picture of yourself and one or more of your beloved, feathered companions. Show us the bond you have with your chickens. We often get to share photos of JUST our chickens, and brag about their beauty, but let's take this moment to show eachother the amazing bond we have with our animals. Feel free to tell a little story about them as well, I am curious to learn more about you all!

The picture I am including is myself with a young Barred Rock hen named Pickles. She was brought into the humane society as "unwanted" at about two weeks old, and is the companion of a Dominique hen of the same age named Pretty Girl. At the call of, "C'mere chick, chicky!" this sweet little hen will run from anywhere on the farm to greet you at your feet. But you better bend down to her level with a grasshopper in your hand! We spend time to catch her fresh grasshoppers, and have taught her that one is in each hand. When you barely open your hand, she lunges and gently plucks it from your grasp. If you don't bring a snack with you when you call her, expect to be ignored for the day. [​IMG]

Don't forget to share your photos and stories!

[​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    That is absolutely amazing. It's wonderful to see how close people are to their chickens!

4. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Quote:I just wish I had any [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by