Proud Chicken Papa

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ColeMule, Mar 30, 2015.

1. ColeMule

ColeMule New Egg

Jul 15, 2013
    Hey yall! I'm FrizzleRooster. I'm new here and I'm so excited to get to know the rest of the flock. I have three hens in my coop, and five on the way from mypetchicken.com. My older hens are a Splash Polish, Alice, a Speckled Sussex, Reba, and a French Blue Copper Marans, Amber. I ordered a double laced Barnevelder pullet, a Buff Laced Polish pullet, a white created black Polish pullet, and two black frizzle roosters. I'm so excited to get my babies, but I'm a little nervous how the big girls will do with them. And does anybody have any frizzle cross pics? [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! If you do a search, there are quite a few threads with pictures of frizzles, ie https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/393443/frizzle-thread/0_20
    I also put this on your other thread, but with the chicks, it is best to wait until the birds are about the same size before trying to combine them, and have a long period of the two flocks being able to see each other but no touching, through wire seem to work best, ie dividing the coop into two sections or keeping the new/younger ones in a cage inside the coup for a couple of weeks to a month at least. The chickens will get to know each other and sort of work out a pecking order before actually coming in contact with each other. After a week or two, letting them free range together is a good idea and should help... It will take a couple of weeks to get the pecking order sorted out. There is a nice article in the Learning Center on integrating flocks you might like to check out, the part about actually combining them is after the quarantine section https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/adding-to-your-flock

1 person likes this.
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Excellent advice there for you from Kelsie on adding new members I too like the look but don't touch method. It has worked well for me in the past. I don't have any pics yet of a mix frizzle but I'm eagerly anticipating 2 eggs in my incubator that are frizzle cross. They are silver lace polish frizzle roo x Amber link hen. I can't wait to see what they are going to be like as I have all sorts of weird visions in my mind of what they will be like.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new additions and hope you enjoy BYC, I am sure you will everyone here to help and very friendly :frow

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Loving the Autumn Weather Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG]and Welcome to BYC![​IMG]

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined the flock. I'd love to see photos when the new ones arrive. The thing about frizzles is DO NOT BREED frizzles to frizzles, you will wind up with birds with feathers that break off, or are very sparse. Not a good thing.

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Hello, and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined our community.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Kelsie and Yorkshire Coop have given you great advice.

Good luck to you and welcome to the flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by