Proud Mama

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by backyardpeeps, Oct 11, 2008.

1. backyardpeeps

backyardpeeps Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2008
    Big Lake MN
    [​IMG]:D
    I received 10 Silkie chicks today. (from 2 weeks old to 3 weeks old.)

A co-worker's silkies had hatched the eggs and they raised them in their bathtub until bringing them over this morning.

My chicken coop was too empty since we gave our Leghorns (not laying anymore) to another co-worker over a year ago.

I REALLY missed having chickens and this will be a new experience with the Silkies. They are soooo cute. I fell in love with them a couple of years ago while at a county fair. I call them my "foofoo poodle" chickens!

I'm new to this website and I have learned a lot reading what others have to say about their Silkies.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Welcome! Silkies are evil and you will find that out. Here's my new one, Silvanna.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  3. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

I don't have silkies, but want some bad.

Best of Luck [​IMG]

4. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome and congrats on the new family. We have a couple of silkies in our mix and they are really sweet.
    But tell me, if they raised them in their bathtub until you got them and they are 2 to 3 weeks old, did they like not take a bath all this time??? LOL

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] You will soon have more than 10 chicks, we're all a bunch of enablers [​IMG]

6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    We are "working on" silkies and silkie mixes...they are evil and addictive,lol.
    Enjoy your babies![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by