Proud Momma! Gotta Show off my kid!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by obxWaMi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. obxWaMi

obxWaMi Chillin' With My Peeps

I finally got a picture of my daughter in her costume. Imagine having to wear this in 90 degree heat! Both of our daughters wear these costumes 6 nights a week. They consist of a bum roll (makes your butt look bigger), petticoat, skirt, apron, blouse, bodice and a wool cape. In some scenes they also add sleeves that tie onto the bodice at the shoulders, gloves and scarves and have to act like they are freezing to death. Not just HOT, but HEAVY too.
    And see those hut things behind her, she has to help carry those on and off stage too (while in costume).

[​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

She's in the Lost Colony play? I remember going to see that about 30 years ago. Very cool!!

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    How neat! I loved doing my costumed characters at the old Ft. Bliss museum,, I gave tours in character and just had a blast!

4. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    There is a nature preserve in Schaumburg Illinois called Spring Valley nature Center and they have a house in a nature preserve that was built in the 1830s I believe, and they do live reenactment daily. You can tour the house, and the ladies that work it will sometimes be churning butter, sweeping floors, and ending, and they do it all in period clothing. They also have a real working farm with goats, sheep, pigs, and chickens. I haven't been there in a few years, but when I took my kids there, they absolutely loved it. It's a beautiful place to visit and I gave those ladies a lot of kudos for performing the way they do every day. BTW, your daughter looks great.

I edited this because I'm using voice recognition software that does not always want to cooperate, and it is giving me a hard time about spacing. Probably because I have the fans on because it's hot in here!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by