Proud new chicken parent!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JustCluckin84, May 5, 2017.

1. JustCluckin84

JustCluckin84 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2017
    Texas
    Hi all! My family and I recently moved from South Dakota to Texas and decided to take full advantage of our ability to chickens. The home we previously owned included an agreement to not house chickens. My husband told me if I helped him with building a coop then we could get some. I negotiated and explained that getting the chickens first would help my motivation level. He finally agreed and we got 10 chicks from Atwoods. Two days later we set up their run and built their coop. The chicks are still inside at night but we take them out to the coop and the run during the day, spending hours in in the run with them in our lawn chairs watching them play. They are getting really close to being ready to sleep in their coop. I am enjoying my new chick-children!!! One of the best decisions I have ever made!! The information on BYC has been so helpful! People have helped answer my questions and through reading the different threads I feel like my chick-children came with a manual!! I plan on continuing to use the information and experience I find here throughout raising my babies!!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your little flock [​IMG]

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under JustCluckin84 [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. JustCluckin84

JustCluckin84 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2017
    Texas
    Nice to meet y'all! Thanks for the welcome!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by