*Proud of my little hens!*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Tripp16, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ok well my hens started laying back in August! I have 6 hens 1 was already laying. She thought since they started laying she could take a break! [​IMG]

So I was averaging about 5 eggs a day for a week. Then it slowed to two eggs!! [​IMG]

Well this week I have been collecting 4 eggs a day!!! From 6 hens! And Big Bertha (hen that had stoppped laying) started again!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

They must have heard me complaining! [​IMG]

Just for giving me all those beautiful eggs I decided to take them a BIG treat! A half a watermelon! Which they LOVED! [​IMG]

Just thought I would share! [​IMG]

2. frostbite

frostbite Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    The watermelon sounds yummy. The eggs too! Congratulations on your happy flock.

I'm envious, I want to feed my chickens too, but they aren't laid yet, let alone hatched. Five more months till chicks come in...

3. hmmcc123

hmmcc123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    That's great! I have to ask, how long did your one hen stop laying? I have a hen that layed a few eggs and then stopped. I think my girl might be laying them internally (without a shell forming) which will cause an issue later, we are crossing our fingers. Your post has made me think there is hope for her!

4. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:She stopped for about 2-3 weeks and then all of a sudden (yesterday) I go in and she has laid a HUGE egg! Hope your hen will eventually start back. I think my girl just took the opportunity and took a vacation! [​IMG]

Good luck with her! [​IMG]

5. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Ahh I know how hard it is to wait for your chickies! When they do come though the wait will be sooo worth it!!! [​IMG]

6. hmmcc123

hmmcc123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    Quote:She stopped for about 2-3 weeks and then all of a sudden (yesterday) I go in and she has laid a HUGE egg! Hope your hen will eventually start back. I think my girl just took the opportunity and took a vacation! [​IMG]

Good luck with her! [​IMG]

This is so delayed....Thank you!!! I really hope she just starts laying normal again but I think that is maybe wishful thinking. [​IMG]

7. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Mommy 2 Wee Ones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    Out of 14 hens, I have three who are laying, every 6th day they take a day off. [​IMG] Then they start back up again. I also have tow that are warming up in the bull pen. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by