*Proud Of The Girls Eggs!*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Tripp16, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Well today I decided to eat a few of my girls eggs for breakfast that they layed yesterday. I cracked them open and out came that orange thick plump yolk (Notice the emphasis! [​IMG] )

Threw them in the frying pan Im now sitting down enjoying the eggs and some bacon. Mmmmm. [​IMG]

I just feel so proud when I look at all those eggs my girls have layed! Then they somehow taste soooo much better than the store eggs. [​IMG]

I feel sorry for all those people that have turned down my eggs because they didnt come from a STORE!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh well more for me![​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I know! Some of my friends are "grossed out" and don't want my fresh eggs because they didn't come from the store!

My husband's best friend Jim, loves the eggs. His wife, however, will not eat the green shelled eggs--she will only eat the brown eggs......

I've got another friend who raises her own chickens but doesn't eat ANY of the fresh eggs. She says she just can't do it!

Silly folks!

[​IMG]

3. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:I have the same problem! My little EE lays light blue eggs and there is one lady that refuses to eat them! Theyre pretty and my poor EE cant help it! [​IMG]

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Quote:I have the same problem! My little EE lays light blue eggs and there is one lady that refuses to eat them! Theyre pretty and my poor EE cant help it! [​IMG]

DESCRIMINATION, if you asked me! [​IMG]

5. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Grats! People turned down eggs cause they weren't from a store? HAHAHAHA I can't get mine to lay enough to keep up with the ones that want to buy mine because they do NOT come from a store! More for you [​IMG]

6. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina

DESCRIMINATION, if you asked me! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Indeed!!

7. dadthebaker

dadthebaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2011
    Los Angeles Area
    I dont know... I kinda like the taste of antibiotic treated, artificially colored yolk that comes of chickens crowded together in order to maximize profits at whatever expense, whats wrong with that??? *flipping off sarcasm switch*

We've been conditioned to alienate ourselves from nature and all her good things. *sigh*

8. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:It is VERY sad! [​IMG]

9. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Quote:Same issue here. No they are mine all MINEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    I do not want to sell my eggs but my house guest/ SIL thinks all eggs are up for sale. [​IMG] [​IMG]

DH has a waiting list he started when the girls were but a week old. Again [​IMG]
    Perhaps I should add a sign to the front door that says NO eggs for sale.

10. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Same issue here. No they are mine all MINEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    I do not want to sell my eggs but my house guest/ SIL thinks all eggs are up for sale. [​IMG] [​IMG]

DH has a waiting list he started when the girls were but a week old. Again [​IMG]
    Perhaps I should add a sign to the front door that says NO eggs for sale.

[​IMG] sounds to me like you need some more chickens to keep all the egg customers happy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by