Proud Parent

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bigzio, Jul 12, 2008.

1. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I'm really proud of my daughter who is a certified fire fighter from the group of fighters that left Keshena on the Menominee Indian reservation here in Wisconsin and is now fighting the fires in California.

This is the first time she has ever been on a jet, and also the first time she has been to California....anyone else proud of your children?

bigzio

2. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Wow you should be Proud! Good for her and good for you for raising such a great kiddo!

I am proud of my Oldest Son for so many things but right now I am most proud that next week he begins his Boy Scout CIT training! This is a big deal one of those many apply few are choosen things!

I am also proud of my next oldest son simply for being here, as a baby he was very ill and wasn't supposed to live, then they said he would never walk or talk and he does both- he still has areas that he has trouble but over all he does well and you wouldn't really know there is anything wrong unless you really watch him- also he survived a gun shot wound to the forehead 2 years ago.

I am proud of all my boys for lots of reasons and am sure they will only give me more reasons as they get older!

Thanks for the chance to say that I am proud of them [​IMG]

3. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the kind words, they mean alot!

Way to go with the Scouting agenda, it is a great direction for the boys.

I volunteer spare time at our Christus Camp. It is 60 wooded acres with a lodge that the scouts from everywhere enjoy. The ecumenical benefits this camp has provided over the years is priceless!

Our webmaster here is an Eagle Scout....go figure eh?

bigzio

4. smpezzi

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    We are very involved in scouting- go figure with 5 boys huh [​IMG] Our oldest has been in scouts since he was in first grade and is now going into 10th! [​IMG] I am the Pack Secretary , Pack Webmaster, Wolf Leader, Asst. Webelos Leader and unofficial Asst. Cubmaster for our cub scout pack and help where I can with boy scouts and Hubby is committee chair for our cub pack as well as the Webelos Leader and is the Advancements Chair and Asst. Scoutmaster for the Boy Scout Troop. This is my 9th year with Cub Scouts!

That is so cool you volunteer at the camp by you!

I didn't know our webmaster was an Eagle Scout that is each of our boys goal even our 4 year old LOL The 4 year old even knows the first 4 Scout Laws in Order by heart LOL

5. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Wow - what a courageous and giving person your daughter must be!

You SHOULD be proud!

6. 2 Beauts

2 Beauts Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Virginia
    smpezzi
    Today 9:43 pm ...........I didn't know our webmaster was an Eagle Scout

I believe once an Eagle Scout always an Eagle Scout.​

7. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    What great things all of your kids have done and will do! Im proud of my 20 year old son who joined the US Navy at the age of 17 (only weeks away from 18 so I signed) He is a Master At Arms.
    All children who choose fields like this and your daughter Bigzio just blow me out of the water!

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

I live in California, and it has been so smokey, I just cant imagine the people who are near the fires, or who have lost their homes to the fire. Thank your daughter for me for fighting them back!

9. smpezzi

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Quote:I believe once an Eagle Scout always an Eagle Scout.

Yes you are correct, I missworded the way I wrote that. Thanks for catching it [​IMG]

10. smpezzi

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Quote:Your son sounds like quite a young man! Congrats to you for raising such a terrific man! Thank him for me and my family for his sacrifices for all of us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by