proud parents of 4 embdens *PIC*

Discussion in 'Geese' started by sk990, Jul 12, 2010.

1. sk990

sk990 Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Our goslings just turned 12 weeks, this is our first time raising geese, or anything for that matter. Thought we'd share some of their pictures with our fellow geese lovers:

2 days old:
    [​IMG]

natual born swimmers:
    [​IMG]

napping:
    [​IMG]

hot summer:
    [​IMG]

out for a walk:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  2. alaskachick

alaskachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Absolutely dreamy. Good job!

3. Kim65

Kim65 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Washington state
    LOL they are fascinated by those ice cubes. What a great idea to just dump a bag in the yard on a hot day, I'm going to do it.

They are lovely birds, and you get just as imprinted on them as they get on you [​IMG]

4. jennifer@couplandtx.org

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Coupland, TX
    Wow, your place is clean and neat... How do you keep the edge of the tank so tiddy? Beautiful birds, don't you just love when they put their foot back when relaxing? Jennifer

5. sk990

sk990 Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2010
    [email protected] :

Wow, your place is clean and neat... How do you keep the edge of the tank so tiddy? Beautiful birds, don't you just love when they put their foot back when relaxing? Jennifer

Thanks for the compliments. Our yard no longer looks clean ever since they started to molt about a week ago, it's now covered by white feather. It's so great to have people I can share the joy with, most of my friends just laughed at me when I try to tell them about my pet geese...​

6. sk990

sk990 Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Quote:Yes, ours love ice cubes since they're tiny babies. You should definitely give it a try, only problem is they all melted w/n 20min since it's like 100dg outside... feel so bad for the kids, wish I could have them inside.

7. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    Your geese are simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing such neat photos. Loved them!

Joni

BTW - I'm trying the ice idea too!

8. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Absolutely gorgeous... Love the before and now pics..

9. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    Your geese are beautiful!! Your pond is neat too! How did you get the pond bank to look so perfect??

10. sk990

sk990 Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Quote:Sorry Mahsmaj, can't help you with the pond bank question. It's a community pond, no idea how they kept it perfect. It's on our daily walking route.... and here's a short video of my geese out for walks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by