Proven chicken guardian dog for sale Purebred Anatolian

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by thkosan, Feb 24, 2009.

1. thkosan

thkosan Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2008
    Hempstead, TX
    We have to re-home our 2 1/2 year old Anatolian Shepard chicken guardian because she will not tolerate our other female LGD. She is purebred, fixed, fully vetted, and fully trained to guard chickens -- she sleeps with the chickens in the coop at night. She will chase ducks and geese, however, so she would be best placed on a farm with no ducks or geese (or you would need to train her to not chase them). She currently lives with goats, sheep, horses, donkeys and teams well with male LGDs.

She is very friendly to people and children. Very sweet and affectionate, but she is a working dog and needs to be placed on a farm where she will LIVE and work with chickens and not be brought into the house as a pet.

Her cost is $1200, several hundred less than the going rate for a well-trained mature LGD of her caliber because I need to get her away from the female Pyr that she is fighting before one of them is killed. She is a top-notch guardian worth her weight in gold -- more than once, she has intercepted a diving hawk before it could grab a chicken.

She would need to be picked up from Hempstead, Texas.

PM or reply to this thread with your contact info if interested.

2. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Hempstead...you're practically my neighbor! I soooooo wish I had $1200, but right now I need a new/used car more than I need a dog...although I really need a guard dog too. Dumb priorities...

I hope you find a great home for her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by