1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Providence strikes!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by catwalk, Nov 17, 2011.

1. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    I was grocery shopping at Aldi's (cash or debit card only) last night, and I tried to use my new debit card. I had trouble obtaining it, and I finally activated it the day before. Of course, the PIN number didn't work, and customer service couldn't help me. They wheeled my cart to the cooler in the back while I figured out what I was going to do.

I had an appointment to meet someone to try and sell my violin shortly, so I told the Aldi's checkout that I'd be back to either pay for my food or to put it all away. The lady bought the instrument, so I had the cash to buy my food. While we were talking, she noticed my EMS patch on my coat. She told me that she was also an EMT, and she gave me information for a job lead. The job was part time, which would leave me time for my FT job, as well as showing chickens. The violin buyer was also interested in chickens, so I gave her my card with a picture of Seramas on in, and she got excited over my enthusiastic sales pitch.

Back at Aldi's, while paying for my cart, a woman asked the cashier if anyone had turned in a cell phone; she hadn't. On my first trip to the store, though, I heard a rooster crowing from the salad dressing, along with other weird sounds that I assummed was coming from a lost child's toy. I didn't see anything, so I forgot about it. I asked the phone-seeker about her ring-tone, and when she told me about the rooster, I led her to the salad dressings and let her call her phone from mine. Voila! Cock-a-doodle-do.

So, partially as a result of my stupid inactive debit card, I met two people who liked chickens, got a lead for my dream job, and was hugged for helping someone find her phone. Made my day. Thank you stupid inactive debit card!

2. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Its so nice when things work out like that. It makes a lovely little experience to tell about.

3. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Aldi rocks!

Good for you!

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Bad day turned good - love it. [​IMG]

5. Red&Yellow