Psychotic PIG!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by the4heathernsmom, May 27, 2010.

1. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Stupid Pig.....I spent the majority of the morning trying to catch and recatch and recatch yet again a yorkshire female pig. Out of all the pigs in this world I had to get a psychotic one. And I truly mean that....she is a crazy nutty pig. 7 months old weighs I would guess around 200 lbs probably more ....she got out of the pasture, she is housed with another pig, her sister. Sooooo the "pig farmers" told us to nose ring her and that would stop her rooting some and keep her from pushing up on the fences.....yep it worked with the "normal" pig but noooooooo ms. psycho still rooted and pushed but stopped her for a while from escaping. So as of today she has escaped about 10 times now and has done all of the following: uprooted fence post 3 foot in the ground and got out under fence, pushed tpost and fence attached to it down and got out, pushed her water barrell over and used it as a step to hop on and climb over the top of the fence, ripped a hole in FIELD FENCE with chicken wire on top of it double layered and got out, busted the hinges off the gate and knocked the metal gate down and got out, so today put her in the cow stalls yep fixed her wagon NOT!!!! she ripped the whole side of the side fence down and got out, ok now on to the small pen with buried wire re inforced and double wired t-post every 2 foot and lined with corrugated metal yep psycho pig busted the 2x4 and pushed the wire down, ok keep in mind I am still recovering from the broken leg and ankle so I am still a hop a long.....tried to contain her until hubby could get home and help last resort put her in the holding pen with cattle panels and two double wooden gates....yep you got it she busted right through that gate with hinges bigger than my hands and bolts longer than my forearms and came after me caught me and tried to bite my leg for not giving her the bucket. So hubby got home and used my high dollar leftover roofing sheets to line the fenced area she demolished. UGGHHHHHH so hubby said shoot her if she gets out again ...... ummmm i think NOT!!! I am thinking of all that feed and time and effort I have spent growing her out.....too bad the processors make you book a month in advance at least!!!!

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    LOL.. Smart pig! [​IMG]

3. the4heathernsmom

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Yea she's smart all right .... smart with an attitude and she's got it out for me too !!!!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG] She knows you wanna eat her... [​IMG]
    Up here there was a story of a hog that escaped off a slaughter truck driving on the road (heading to slaughter)
    I guess they had to chase her all around and she still got away.. then someone finally caught her and she got a 'reprive'.... and was allowed to live out her life on a farm somewhere.. [​IMG]

5. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I'm being serious here. Where was she trying to go? Could she be in heat? I'm just trying to figure out why she wanted to get out so badly?

6. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I agree with this. There must be a reason that she is so insistant on getting out. Has she been dewormed? If not, she could be suffering from excessive hunger. Also, some pigs can become quite bored. have you tried giving her interesting things to play with? (Ball, or a tire?)

7. Xodrana

Xodrana Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    Sounds like its time to turn her into porkchops.

8. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Electric fence!!!!

Jean

9. the4heathernsmom

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Electric fence I just can't do right now.....yes she was in heat nope she wasn't hungry i let them eat pretty much free choice every day. Also they are on pasture not in a small pen they have 1 acre fenced to roam and root and forage although they keep the green stuff down pretty much. Also they get fresh scraps from the kitchen too!!!

10. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Ah... The lure of romance is strong in that pig...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by