Public Forum In Winder, Ga This Tuesday, March 22

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by countrychickengirl, Mar 20, 2011.

1. countrychickengirl

countrychickengirl The Delaware Project

Dec 4, 2009
    Winder
    Hi everyone!! After a long 6 months of back and forth with Winder City Council, it looks like we have an end in sight. The council has drafted a proposal that would allow hens within the city limits!!! They will be bringing this proposal to the public during a public forum on TUESDAY, MARCH 22 at 6 PM at the COMMUNITY CENTER located at 113 E. Athens Street, Winder, GA, 30680 (770) 867-9011

We would like for as many of you to come and support us as we try to add another city to the growing list of "chicken friendly" places in GA!

Thank you so much for your support - we appreciate all of your efforts!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Good luck, wish I were there to help!

3. countrychickengirl

countrychickengirl The Delaware Project

Dec 4, 2009
    Winder
    Thanks!! It has been quite an ordeal since September, but we have made all of the local papers and the AJC, I did a radio interview with a local station and we were contacted by ABC news but could not make that appointment! It is looking positive so far and will be such a relief to finally be able to enjoy our chickens without the worry of having to re-home them!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by