Publicity for chickens...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by PhilErvin, May 21, 2010.

1. PhilErvin

PhilErvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2009
    Yucaipa, CA
    I phoned the Editor of our local weekly and told her about my coop. She was thrilled and put it in the paper.
    [​IMG]

2. kungfukitty

kungfukitty Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Eureka, CA
    It's no wonder...it's beautiful![​IMG]

3. calista

calista Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Way to go, Phil! Not only are you showcasing a wonderful hobby, you're furthering THE CAUSE of "Backyard Chickens Are Doable!" [​IMG]

Anyone looking at those pictures and fearing an influx of "smelly, noisy, ugly" chicken coops would be won over. Congrats on a terrific job in all respects. [​IMG]

4. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    That is pretty darn awesome- congratulations!!!

5. illegal avian

illegal avian Cooped up

Apr 21, 2010
    Third World, Texas
    Hey Phil, YOUR page is actually my bookmark for backyard chickens! Your tribute to your Dad is my favorite part. Well done.
    And having spent some time admiring your coop, it is great to see you in the picture to put the run size into perspective!

6. cracked1

cracked1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2010
    SW Idaho
    Great looking set up you've got there! [​IMG] It's good to see some of the local papers down there doing some possitive pieces! I moved to southern Idaho from the San Bernardino area about 5 years ago. After spending 30 years in that valley I think about the only things I miss are some of the restaurants I grew up with (Rosa Maria's, Surfer Joes, Redlands Gourmet Pizza, etc... [​IMG] ).

Keep up the good work!

7. PhilErvin

PhilErvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2009
    Yucaipa, CA
    Quote:Thank you all for the kind words. I'm not as hefty as the picture shows though, I think the paper stretched the picture sideways to fit the colum....Yea, that's it. [​IMG]

8. YolandaT

YolandaT Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Wow! That is sooo cool! I love the headline, it tells it like it is! [​IMG] I am willing to bet more than a few people will be inspired by your great coop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by