Puffed up 3yr old

Stuwe

Songster
Feb 16, 2019
John Day, OR
Morning all,

I noticed yesterday that one of my ladies, Virginia (red sex link, 3 years old on 3/31), was standing still and was all puffed up. I went and had a look at her. Didn't see any mites, her crop feels normal.... I haven't seen any poops but I also wasn't watching her all day either... Her waddle is still bright. No puffy/swollen/drippy eyes. By all accounts she looks good. She just went through a molt (but all her feathers are back now) and hasn't been laying for a while. This morning, she won't get off the roost...

So, what do you think I might be dealing with? Worms? Coccidiosis? Something else all together? I was reading a different thread about a gal with similar symptoms and a lot of folks said Coccidiosis.... If I treat for that but it ends up being something else, is Corid bad for her? Should I try something else?

It's pretty sad to see as she's the most spunky of our bunch. All the other ladies are just fine... I just don't know what the best route is...

EDIT - She's come down from the roost now and is sunbathing. I looked her over again and still, nothing seems amiss other than her just being poofy. I've attached a picture if that helps at all... I took a look under where she was on the roost and her poop seems normal too. I just don't want to do nothing and lose her :(

EDITx2 - well now I am reading that this may just be the end times for her... apparently RSL only live 2-3 years? What is happening!?

Attachments

• V.jpg
    V.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom