Pullet 10wks old. Trouble eating and drinking

Kcollins36

Chirping
May 3, 2021
NC
I have a 10 wk old cochin who was acting fine until 2 days ago. I let her out of the coop and she was puffed up and acting slow. I have her inside now. She is not able to really pick up food and is drinking water oddly. She has had a little water come out of her mouth a couple times since yesterday. I will note no fowl smell and her crop was empty this morning very small amount of poop in the area I am keeping her. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20221115_093241.jpg
    20221115_093241.jpg
    873.9 KB · Views: 12
What do her droppings look like? Is there any blood or mucus? Can you recheck the crop throughout the day to see if it is filling up and again in the morning? Do you think something is wrong with her beak, or is she having trouble seeing it? Or is she trying to eat, and then doesn’t seem to want it? Can you try offering some watery chicken feed mash, and some scrambled egg? I would be tempted to get some Corid liquid or powder and start treatment for possible coccidiosis. Dosage is 2 tsp (10 ml) of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days as her only source.

20221115_100350.jpg

What do her droppings look like? Is there any blood or mucus? Can you recheck the crop throughout the day to see if it is filling up and again in the morning? Do you think something is wrong with her beak, or is she having trouble seeing it? Or is she trying to eat, and then doesn’t seem to want it? Can you try offering some watery chicken feed mash, and some scrambled egg? I would be tempted to get some Corid liquid or powder and start treatment for possible coccidiosis. Dosage is 2 tsp (10 ml) of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days as her only source.
I have started corid ( powder. 1/2 tsp per gallon) no notice of blood in poop. However a week ago there was bloody poop in the coop when I let them out. I have checked her crop yesterday and this morning twice. She had water in there last night. It was empty this morning. She has a small amount of liquid in her crop right now. I have added water to her food. She is pecking at it and eating very little. I have also looked in her mouth and see no problems there.

Attachments

• 20221115_110212.jpg
    20221115_110212.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 3
View attachment 3323291

I have started corid ( powder. 1/2 tsp per gallon) no notice of blood in poop. However a week ago there was bloody poop in the coop when I let them out. I have checked her crop yesterday and this morning twice. She had water in there last night. It was empty this morning. She has a small amount of liquid in her crop right now. I have added water to her food. She is pecking at it and eating very little. I have also looked in her mouth and see no problems there.
Can you see the pictures?

Back
Top Bottom