Pullet acting lethargic. Not laying eggs. (She is fine now)

MochaDuck

Crowing
Jun 7, 2018
I noticed today that my chicken Kenisha was acting odd. She hasn't laid an normal egg for a couple-few days; but just laid a shoeless egg a couple minutes ago. She may have been lethargic for a couple of days, but not English that I seriously noticed until today or yesterday. She hunches over with he head kind of down and her eyes closed, and slowly moving her tail up and down. She still will sometimes eat snacks, but doesn't run up to them and hork them down like normal; or run up to me like normal. Our cockerel has been trying to mate and/or dominate her, but she's the only on in the pen acting this way. There's another chicken that hasn't been laying eggs and acting a little off, but they never touch each other, or even are within 20ft of each other. She's acting even more lethargic now.

The others are her shellless egg, will they be ok? Should I separate her?

A picture of her poop is included.

Thanks all
@casportpony @Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive

Attachments

• IMG_3088.JPG
    IMG_3088.JPG
    506.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3089.PNG
    IMG_3089.PNG
    5.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3086.JPG
    IMG_3086.JPG
    331.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3084.JPG
    IMG_3084.JPG
    450.4 KB · Views: 6
I would offer her some form of calcium to try and make her shells hard. Tums, human calcium tablet, crushed eggshells in some cooked egg are all good sources. Reproductive infection or shell gland problems may cause shell-less eggs, as well as low calcium levels, or a previous respiratory disease, infectious bronchitis. It can be something that just happens once or may be from one of the above reasons. When they lay a shell-less egg, it can make them feel poorly for awhile. Hopefully, she will feel better.

I would offer her some form of calcium to try and make her shells hard. Tums, human calcium tablet, crushed eggshells in some cooked egg are all good sources. Reproductive infection or shell gland problems may cause shell-less eggs, as well as low calcium levels, or a previous respiratory disease, infectious bronchitis. It can be something that just happens once or may be from one of the above reasons. When they lay a shell-less egg, it can make them feel poorly for awhile. Hopefully, she will feel better.
Thanks. We'll give her oyster shells.

She's acting completely fine now. :D

Back
Top Bottom