PULLET CAN'T WALK

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by flwerfrmer, Sep 20, 2014.

1. flwerfrmer

flwerfrmer New Egg

Sep 20, 2014
    Howard County, MD
    I have a 2 month old Pullet that can't walk. She seems to have no control over her feet. It started with a limp then got progressively worse. She can't get to food or water but she still has a good appetite when I feed her.
    She will try to walk but just flaps around and falls over. Her toes are always curled up. Any info would be great. I have one other pullet the same age and she is fine. [​IMG]

2. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    1 person likes this.
  3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    She could have curled toe paralysis, which may also cause sitting on hocks or elbows, and is caused by a vitamin B2 or riboflavin deficiency. She also could be showing signs of Mareks disease. I would start her on a good poultry vitamin in her water containing riboflavin, and it would be good for the other chicks too. Don't use Poultry Nutri-Drench, as it contains no riboflavin. The kinds that are powder and added to water work well, such as Rooster Booster Vitamins with Lactobacillus which also contains probiotics. PolyVisol without iron 3 drops daily by mouth could also be used temporarily. Even a B Complex vitamin tablet dissolved in a gallon of water works temporarily.

4. flwerfrmer

flwerfrmer New Egg

Sep 20, 2014
    Howard County, MD
    Thank you! I'll pick up some vitamins today!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by