Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Neither, that's a duck.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

RuralWriter

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 5, 2014
Hi all. I'm trying to figure out if this Light Brahma chicken is a pullet or a cockerel. I assumed it was a SHE, but now that they're all older (around 13 weeks, maybe 14), it looks a tad different from the other pullets. Slightly redder comb where the ones I am sure of have very small, light pink combs. This one also can't decide if it wants to stand more upright like a rooster or stay low like a hen!

The 3 cockerels that I am positive of have super red combs that are very upright. They're the image of a stereotypical rooster. Plus they are trying to crow, it's really cute.

The one in the following picture doesn't try to crow, but it's vocalizations sound like everyone else in the flock. Is it possible this is a slow to mature cockerel? Or is it just a pullet with slight male features?

Last edited:
Hm, I'll have to go grab 'her/him' and check on the comb. I think all of them have 3 rows, but the hens are very flat.

My guess is it is a cockerel.

Had to laugh... love your poll choice - "Neither, it's a duck!" Great sense of humor!
welcome-byc.gif

Yep, it's a roo. He still has a tiny comb, not sure why. I don't want to pass that down to chicks, so this guy won't be breeding.

Back
Top Bottom