Pullet Egg Laying Rate?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Emchick, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Emchick

Emchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2007
    Colorado
    Eggs Eggs Eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my first egg![​IMG]
    so i go in this morning i fill up feed and open up the door to there run. i pick up a hen and she poops on me:th so i have to go clean up. I go in and i see a beautiful perfect (but small) egg! I bring it into mom and we scramble and eat it it was great!
    What's the pullet egg laying rate ?[​IMG]

Emchick

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

They will lay one, wait a while...lay another... and about a month or so into laying, they will start laying one every 24-36 hours.

3. boilerjoe_96

boilerjoe_96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2007
    West Lafayette, IN
    When was she hatched?

I have some hatched around 3/12 and still no eggs..... Of course they are 19 weeks...

4. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Once your pullets get into the egg laying full cycle, they will lay one egg every 25 hours. This will continue for the first year and then slow down to one egg every other day, however they will be larger. You will notice that everyone lays in the morning and then little by little you will see them laying in the afternoon til the clutch is layed, then soon after everyone will be laying in the morning again. This is my experience anyway...?

bigzio

5. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Bigzio...when did your Light Brahmas begin laying? I am expecting them to be the slowest maturing of my four breeds...

6. Emchick

Emchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2007
    Colorado
    another 2 [​IMG]

i have 2 older hens hatched aubout 3/15
    today the first hen (Snapple) layed another and the second (Poppy) layed her first today
    Poppy is an amercana she's real pritty and she actualy lays blue eggs!!!!!!

7. chickenwoods

chickenwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    **||OKLAHOMA||**
    Each of my hens layed about 7-10 eggs,before they started getting into laying consistant.
    First day egg,2nd no egg,3rd no egg,4th no eggg,5-egg,then it seeemed like there was a week and a half waiting period....[​IMG] Then all the sudden the eggs were alot bigger almost full size.Now i get at least an egg every day out of my 2 hens that are laying consistantly now.
    It took mine around 2 or so weeks from first egg to start laying consistant.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by