Pullet Egg Laying Rate?

Emchick

Songster
12 Years
Mar 10, 2007
Colorado
Eggs Eggs Eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my first egg!
ep.gif

so i go in this morning i fill up feed and open up the door to there run. i pick up a hen and she poops on me:th so i have to go clean up. I go in and i see a beautiful perfect (but small) egg! I bring it into mom and we scramble and eat it it was great!
What's the pullet egg laying rate ?
hu.gif

Emchick

Once your pullets get into the egg laying full cycle, they will lay one egg every 25 hours. This will continue for the first year and then slow down to one egg every other day, however they will be larger. You will notice that everyone lays in the morning and then little by little you will see them laying in the afternoon til the clutch is layed, then soon after everyone will be laying in the morning again. This is my experience anyway...?

bigzio

another 2
yippiechickie.gif

i have 2 older hens hatched aubout 3/15
today the first hen (Snapple) layed another and the second (Poppy) layed her first today
Poppy is an amercana she's real pritty and she actualy lays blue eggs!!!!!!

Each of my hens layed about 7-10 eggs,before they started getting into laying consistant.
First day egg,2nd no egg,3rd no egg,4th no eggg,5-egg,then it seeemed like there was a week and a half waiting period....
roll.png
Then all the sudden the eggs were alot bigger almost full size.Now i get at least an egg every day out of my 2 hens that are laying consistantly now.
It took mine around 2 or so weeks from first egg to start laying consistant.

Back
Top Bottom