pullet eggs are more fun for breakfast...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by trunkman, Sep 6, 2010.

1. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    I've been getting 6 to 8 pullet eggs a day for the past two weeks and I was wondering what I would do with all these eggs, well when I cooked breakfast the other day for my wife and I I realized that I had to use 2 pullet eggs for the average large egg. As I cracked them into the pan I noticed the eggs were firmer and the yolks overall were bigger in comparison than a large egg, so I had lots more yolk on my plate than when I cook large eggs. This morning I cooked myself 4 pullet eggs and leftover steak from this weekend, and oh boy, what a treat. I thought of taking a picture of my breakfast but it looked so good I thought, heck with that I'm gonna eat. I just love the look of 4 little eggs in the pan compare to 2 big ones. does anyone else feel the same way?? [​IMG]

2. Annabella

Annabella Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2010
    I'm with you!!
    I used to love my little bantam eggs for that reason too!![​IMG]

3. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Yeah, normally I don't like to take the time to cook breakfast but always make time for those first pullet eggs.[​IMG]

4. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    I'm with you, they're great! When my daughter was little we had a couple of button quail that we kept in an habitrail set up. It was fun watching them run thru the tunnel that connected the two cages but the real kick was cooking those tiny eggs for her afternoon snack. They're so little that they fit perfectly on a Ritz cracker.

5. mama2many

mama2many Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    The first eggs are a riot here in this house. I have to cook them up as soon as they hit the house. I had one this week that was barely two bites per kids. I have 2 kids 6 and 4 and they LOVE the little eggs. They wash and save the tiny shells. They look so neat in the skillet.

6. eKo_birdies

eKo_birdies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    i literally could not agree with you more!! i think they taste more "delicate" or something too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by