1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pullet Eggs ??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CoyoteMagic, Jul 12, 2008.

1. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

My Red-sexlinks have been laying for 2 weeks now. They started at 16weeks!! I get the prettiest dark brown little eggs. I've even had 2 double yolkers out of these little bitty eggs.

Will the eggs get bigger as they get older? These ones are smaller than the small eggs at the store. My Black sexies lay Large to Jumbo eggs. Just wondering.

PS just wanted to let everyone know that I just finished my first round of chemo. Today is the only time I have felt tired so I think I'm going to take it easy today. Went kayaking yesterday and plan on going backpacking next week.

2. Knight Hawk Ranch

Knight Hawk Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Labelle, Florida
    Yes, the eggs will get bigger and after a few weeks of laying, you shouldn't get any more double yokers.

Once they (their repro cycle) settles in, then your eggs will be full size (for that breed) and they should lay nearly every day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by