Pullet has puffy top eye lid

Linda Hunter

Hatching
10 Years
May 18, 2009
Partriage Wyandott has a puffy eye lid it does not seem to be getting better and is about half closed. 4 weeks ago she was walking on one of her knees and has been on both feet for about 2 weeks. I feed medicated feed and give vitimams and electrolites on daily. We are having 100 degree weather.

Any advise would greatly be appreciated, Thanks

welcome-byc.gif
I have a hen with a similar issue. i am treating her with terramycin eye ointment. My feed mill sells it otherwise you can find it online at http://www.firststatevetsupply.com/ Hope she pulls thru for you. It could be that she got pecked. Or worst case scenario it could be an illness especially if she is dispalying other symptoms

Thank you, I will try the eye ointment. Other than the eye she is acting normal and active. I tried to add a picture but don't know how.

Up at the top of the page but below where it says backyard chicken forum there is a blue bar that syas index,userlist,rules,search ect Click on uploads and from there you can go into your pics and upload them, it can be tricky because if they are tooo big you need to reduce the size before you upload. Hope that helps. From the sounds of it she just has an eye injury. That iontment should do the trick. flush the eye a few times a day with warm saline. For the first few days treat the eye 3 times a day with the ointment (a lil bit goes a long way) and see if it is going down at all. I'd keep up the treatment for at least 7 days. Keep us posted
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I had a similar thing happen with one of my Buff orps. I put ointment on it for a couple days and she was fine after. My only guess was she scratched it somehow, or was bitten by a spider.

Bluemoon

Back
Top Bottom