Pullet Is Lurching Neck & Drooling Green Liquid

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by HoneyHushFarm, Mar 15, 2015.

1. HoneyHushFarm

HoneyHushFarm Just Hatched

Sep 21, 2014
    Brandywine, Maryland
    My 10 month old speckled sussex girl has been walking around looking like she's trying to burp or throw up. She's thrown up once & it was green liquid. Her crop sounds sloshy when she does it. She gets probiotics in her feed & ACV in her water already. We tilted her head down and massaged her crop briefly and she drooled some more green drooled out. Help please? (I have a brief video but I don't know how to upload it.)

2. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Sounds like she may have sour or impacted crop. She may have eaten some long grass and it bound her up. Make sure she has grit! Don't try to vomit her, she can aspirate. [​IMG]

Read here https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/impacted-slow-and-sour-crops-prevention-and-treatments

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  3. HoneyHushFarm

HoneyHushFarm Just Hatched

Sep 21, 2014
    Brandywine, Maryland

4. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    If you are comfortable doing it and understand the risk....But I think that vomiting her will add to dehydration issues and will not expel whatever is stuck. This is kind of a case by case thing and totally your call. Best wishes to you both! Will you let us know how she does and what worked for treatment?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by