Pullet is very lethargic and skinny

I just took her down to the house to see if she would eat anything, as soon as I set her back down she vomited up clear liquid, and pooped almost 100% yellow liquid. I’m gonna check her vent to see if she’s egg bound.

Molting at 10 months, or even 7-8 months can be normal. It depends on the season, & factors such as stress.

She does seem to have a minor case of scaly leg mites. My Sister's silkie had it worse. His feet were ugly, & painful. I treated with a Soapy water scrub, & a Petroleum Jelly smothering. I used a poultry mite spray on his legs in between smothering. He was clear in a few days.

Because she vomited up the liquid, do I need to be massaging it out of her crop? Although I’m really terrified she’s going to aspirate if I do that. She’s not doing too well, I’ve got her wrapped in a towel and she’s just sitting floofed up with her eyes closed.

Because she vomited up the liquid, do I need to be massaging it out of her crop? Although I’m really terrified she’s going to aspirate if I do that. She’s not doing too well, I’ve got her wrapped in a towel and she’s just sitting floofed up with her eyes closed.
Do not make your bird vomit. It's best to get it to pass out of the body naturally with some treatment.

Back
Top Bottom